Saturday, March 11, 2006

Our Very First NewUrbanMale.com Girlfriend

Not too long ago, NewUrbanMale.com was part of Ms. Freshkon 2006 and we got to appoint our very first Ms. NewUrbanMale.com Girlfriend, Eli Alfina. The mild mannered and sweet graphic designer took time off her hectic schedule to talk to NewUrbanMale.com.



What are your plans now after the competition?
I hope to stay a while in this graphic design industry because I feel that there are still so many things I can learn. But in the future I hope to start my own label. I hope to start with accessories and eventually develop a fashion label for women.

Tell us about Ms. Freshkon. How did you get involved in it and how was the whole experience like?
It was a funny thing actually. I was in Heeren walking around with my friend when he decided that I should join the competition. I took on his advice and just joined. The whole experience was great and the support was just tremendous. Overall it was a great learning experience for me - I learnt a lot of new things such as how to do a catwalk and how to present myself better on stage. Truthfully speaking, I actually wanted to back out of the competition towards the end because I thought I was not doing well. But with the help and support from the organizers, the contestants and especially my family, I stayed on until the end. So I would say that it was wonderful experience for me.

I guess it was fated that you were to stay until the end because you eventually picked up the NewUrbanMale.com Girlfriend Award. Congratulations again. So how do you feel being the first ever NewUrbanMale.com Girlfriend?
I am actually very honored to be given this title, especially since this is the very first one to be given out. I really do not know why the judges chose me and this was quite unexpected because I was very nervous throughout the competition. Thank you all at NewUrbanMale.com.

Our NUMtees have been the latest craze lately. Is there any particular NUMtee tagline do you think best suits your character?
I personally like the tagline, “Stop Playing With Yourself, Play With Me.”

We also carry david and goliath tees and one tee says, “Boys Are Stupid, Run Them Over.” Do you agree?
I don’t quite agree with that statement. I don’t think all boys are stupid; you have to give credit to those geniuses like Edison and Einstein.

Yeah! Thanks for supporting the male race. And speaking of men, what do you look out for a man?
A few qualities I like in a man are sincerity and a sense of humor. I would prefer someone who has the same interests as me because if we’re both using different frequencies, I don’t think it can work out.

Which do you prefer if everything else is equal - someone rich but old or someone young but poor?
I would choose the young and poor chap because it’s not just about the money. Besides I don’t think the old man and me would be on the same frequency and that is very important to me.

Complete this sentence, “I cannot live without…”
I cannot live without my family.

Look out for more upcoming interviews with beautiful men and women who have won similar awards from NewUrbanMale.com sponsored pageants.

No comments: