Saturday, March 04, 2006

Teens Model Search 2006 - Mohd Norhakim

When votes just began for Teens Model Search, Hakim (left) leapfrogged from third last all the way to the top. Though he was toppled from the top spot to second, he remains in close contention with only two percent separating the first and second place. Today we bring you what goes in the mind of Hakim as he prepares for Teen Model Search 2006.


What do you think are your chances of winning Mr. Teens?
I am hoping for the best and I think my chances are pretty good. It has always been my dream to be part of a pageant and eventually win it.

Is this your first pageant?
Yes, of course.

Do you have a secret formula or plan to win this event?
Nah. At the end of the day, it all depends on the individual’s talent and of course on the judges.

Do your parents support you in this competition? How is the support like?
Yes they do. They are around to give me the mental support that I need.

Has working with NewUrbanMale.com helped your confidence during the pageant and how has it helped?
Yes it has. The experience at NewUrbanMale.com has boosted my confidence and allowed me to be more outspoken. Now I’m no longer the “Mr. Shy Guy.” And also some of the other staff at NewUrbanMale.com are models themselves so it helps to ask them advice on the pageant.

If there was a NewUrbanMale.com tagline that would describe you and your current state of mind with regards to the competition, what would it be?
It would be “Money Making Machine.”

You are one of the 235guys and you already have fans who adopted you on their blog. How important are they to help you increase your chances of winning?
Yes they are, they will help me with my online presence and support me online.

Do you have,or plan to have, a website or blog for yourself to garner even more support?
Oh, I already have a blog so maybe I should use it for Mr. Teens publicity.

Has anybody expressed interest in asking you out since you took part?
Nope.

How about marriage proposals?
I haven’t been that lucky.

Do you think your chances of meeting someone and getting hot dates will increase after taking part in this competition?
I surely hope so. (Smiles)

Will you be moving on to something bigger after this? Such as Cleo’s most eligible Bachelor? Or even running for elections?
(Laughs) Nah. I don’t think so.

You seem very confident and comfortable, but if there was one thing that you would like to change about yourself what would that be?
I would change my physique and my height.

Should you win the competition, is there anybody you would like to dedicate the win to? Your mom, you dad or me for arranging this interview?
If I do, it will definitely go out to everybody that knows me.

If you really really like what you see, vote for Hakim at http://www.voteme.com.sg.

No comments: