Friday, September 02, 2005

Hole Truth About Men's Underwear.













2 ladies came to pick up an underwear this afternoon.
Was recommending them a super low waist underwear with fly front, and one shocking question actually came out from one of them, and stunned me.

"Do you guys use the fly when you go to the toilet?"
"Mmmm, not really. Nope!"
"If you guys not using the fly front, why they built this on the underwear? We girls thought that you guys use the fly front all along!"
......

After they left. You know what I did. I went around the store and asked the guys one by one.

"Do you use the fly front when you go to Shee shee?"
"NOPE!"
"No."
"No la, I pull the whole undie down la!

My God! So I went around searching and found this article. ...

Hole Truth About Men's Underwear.

It took me totally by surprise! There we were, sitting around a tiny round table sharing a few bottles of wine after a hard set of negotiations. We'd come to know each other well over the previous few months and the conversation drifted all over the place, the way it does when you throw men and women together in a casual setting.

I was barely listening..."no, we don't use it...you girls really thought we did? "...my ears perked up. I leaned in as I saw the incredulous look on the face of the recipient of this news. She gasped and I could see that the information he'd just imparted was something that shocked her. "What do you mean you don't use it?? It's in every pair of men's underwear I've ever bought for my husband!! You must use it...". I blinked in surprise...her voice cluing me in to what it was they were saying.

Everyone had stopped talking to watch the exchange and without exception, we women were dumbfounded and the men were dumbstruck (in the interest of being fair, notice I resisted saying the men were just dumb..I almost bit a hole through my tongue resisting the temptation but I just want you all to know how proud I am of me). None of the 4 women there had any idea that the opening in men's underwear was decorative. None of the 9 men there could believe that we'd just learned something that they'd been aware of all their lives.

One of our company, a woman of vast (vast, vast) experience, was more vocal than any of us. She just flat out did not believe it. "I've never seen a man wear anything without a hole in the front unless it was one of those thong pouch things that just make women laugh. I'd know if it was decorative, I've seen a lot of stripped down men in my time!"..her voice carried to nearby tables where I noted that all of the women were looking just as confused as we were. Whispers surrounded us..women confirming this fact with waiters, boyfriends, husbands and lovers. One overwhelming question on all of our lips...WHY??

Why in heavens name would men wear underwear with fly fronts if they never use them? Why, when most of the men at our table declared blushingly (and gawd they looked so cute while doing so) that at times they would have preferred the restriction of a plain front that wasn't so receptive to peek-through when something caught their interest, would men go along with this ruse? Think of how much more it costs to sew those little fake flys or Y openings into underwear! Think of how women have been mislead into thinking that men extract their ummmm selves through that li'l hole, when, in fact they push down and pee over!

The men, being men, tried to turn the conversation to why we wear shoes that squoosh our toes and cripple our backs but we were louder..and we were indignant! All those years of being mislead changed us that night and when we left their company, we were a little wiser and giggling... definitely giggling!

1 comment:

Rex said...

freaking cool question. =p